opening doors to new markets
Welcome to LynxOr MENA
Why seriously consider the Commonwealth as a strategic target for business growth.
The Commonwealth is made up of 53 independent countries that work together to pursue common goals which promote development, democracy and peace. Our combined population is 2.4 billion, of which more than 60 per cent is aged 29 or under.
The Commonwealth spans the globe and includes both advanced economies and developing countries. It encompasses Africa (19 countries), Asia (7), the Caribbean and Americas (13), Europe (3), and the Pacific (11).
Thirty-one of the members are small states, usually with a population under 1.5 million, and 24 members are small island developing states.
Commonwealth Key Economic Facts
- The combined gross domestic product of Commonwealth countries is estimated at US$10.4 trillion in 2017 and predicted to reach US$13 trillion in 2020.
- Bilateral costs for trading partners in Commonwealth countries are on average 19 percent less than between those in non-member countries.
- Half of the top 20 global emerging cities are in the Commonwealth: New Delhi, Mumbai, Nairobi, Kuala Lumpur, Bangalore, Johannesburg, Kolkata, Cape Town, Chennai and Dhaka.
- Many small and developing Commonwealth countries are among those with the lowest ecological footprints worldwide.
- Commonwealth countries are among the highest performing in the Ibrahim Index of African Governance, and make up 7 of the top 10 nations.
- In Sub-Saharan Africa, Commonwealth countries make up 7 of the top 10 highest performing countries for gender equality
LynxOr MENA was founded with the aim of working with companies of all sizes to help them capitalise on the tremendous breadth of opportunities on offer within the Commonwealth of Nations.
The 53 Commonwealth countries enjoy a deep and meaningful relationship which extends into both culture and business, and their intertwined history, joint commitment to economic growth and shared outlook and mentality create a golden opportunity for businesses to grow and thrive both within and between these countries.